DISEASE & RESEARCH
This section is edited by:
- Maria Grazia d’Angelo MD, IRCCS E. Medea La Nostra Famiglia (Bosisio Parini)
- Federica Rizzo MD, Department of Neurological Sciences, Università degli Studi di Milano
- Professor Giacomo P. Comi MD, Department of Neurological Sciences, Università degli Studi di Milano
The section provides scientific and medical information about Charcot-Marie-Tooth disease and includes explanations as well as answers to frequently asked questions about Mitofusin 2-related neuropathies
. We aim at providing such information and data precisely but clear enough, in order for them to be easily accessible and understood by a wider public. We also maintain a database of Mitofusin 2
gene mutations as well as information about diagnosis and new treatment approaches.
This website also serves as a knowledgebase for state-of-the-art research about new therapeutic approaches to pathologies related to Mitofusin 2 gene mutations. To learn more, please visit the following sections:
- Research regarding Mitofusin 2 itself
- Transgenic mouse models
- Database of Mitofusin 2 mutations
- Our research project
Last update in October 2017.